3/16/2014 - Working on my final final final (I hope) circuit board for my robot.
2/7/2014 - Working on my final circuit board for my robot.
12/29/2012 - Working on a new shield that takes into account my new discovery.
5/7/2012 - The sensors have arrived. I'm working on getting them connected so that I can do more testing.
4/30/2012 - I'm currently waiting for some sensors to arrive, so I can start getting my robot to work more autonomously.
3/23/2012 - I'm working on a project to interface my Android tablet to my robot to get debugging and troubleshooting data as I further develop it. So far, the project is coming along nicely.
3/14/2012 - I'm back to working on my robot and there are updates in the Robotics section! I also got a digital camera, so I can upload pictures again.
3/11/2012 - I never got around to finishing up my keyboard desk project, but it's kind of a moot project since I live elsewhere now.
8/2012 - I upgraded my computer and it's running much better now!
10/20/2010 - Not much work done on my robot in the last couple days. I fixed my MIDI interface for my keyboard a couple days ago, which was right after I finally agreed to move the keyboard away from the computer so that it wasn't in the way. So, I came up with a desk modification that allows it to fit where an old keyboard tray used to be. Due to the height of the keyboard, I needed something much thinner than the board that used to slide in and out as well as a couple inches wider. So I moved the piece of wood that held the left side of the tray up over a couple inches and I'm using metal from an old computer power supply to make brackets to support that piece of wood and I'm making a tray big enough to hold the keyboard out of the sides of an old full tower size computer case. They are about 24"x16" each and my plan is to bolt the together to get a full length of about 40"x16" and bend up 1-1.5" on each side for attaching brackets onto. After that's all finished, I'll be getting back to the robot.
I'm working on repairing my main computer system. Due to having very little money, I've needed to resort to doing all the low level repairs by hand, such as reoutfitting an old ATX power supply with an additional 4-pin connector for power and completely dissassembling fans, cleaning, and relubricating to get those working. I seem to have accidentally broken my CPU heatsink holder and am doing some custom machining to replace a broken plastic tab. So far I've spent $0 and am almost completely done. This will probably end up in it's own section later, but I plan to take some pics of some of the work I've done on it.